10 Sept 2014

Snapshot - King & Sherbourne

SE corner of King & Sherbourne, with building under construction.

Location: Southeast corner of King & Sherbourne, taken from the northwest corner
Date photo taken: 3 September 2014
Image 1 in the Snapshot Series

As regular readers of this blog will know, I'm just as fascinated by how this city is changing as I am about the neat stuff you find in it. Often while walking I'll see a new building and find myself wondering what was there before. My memory can be short. Sometimes I'll take note of fantastic streetscapes and wonder how they will change in the coming years. Long ago I started to take pictures of pieces of the city, bits of streetscapes and storefronts, corner views and vacant lots. I'm going to start posting a few of them here as Snapshots. I anticipate many won't include text beyond date and location.

In this Snapshot, the King and Sherbourne facades of the designated heritage building at 251 King St. E. are being preserved to add character to the 17 storey boutique condominium being built on the site. The building, which dates from the mid-1800s, was for many years the National Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment