25 Feb 2015

Cookie Outlet

Exterior of the Peek Freans Cookie Outlet in Toronto

Location: 5 Bermondsey Rd. near O'Connor Dr.
Date photo taken: 6 May 2014

I'm not sure what else there is to say about this. My days of exploration around the city often involve what I like to smilingly refer to as epic walks. At the end of 6 or 7 hours of walking, finding a good bar or restaurant is often key but one day last spring, reward took the form of discount cookies. Across the street from the old Peek Freans factory, this place offers all sorts of bulk delights, as long as you don't mind if your treats are a little off-sized or not perfectly round. I'm not one to mind! Om nom nom!

NeaTO: Bermondsey Street may be so named because of the association with Peek Freans. The cookie company originated in the Bermondsey area of London, and when they expanded operations to this newly opened business park, they may have been granted some say in naming the adjacent street.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, that's not far from my 'hood! I'll have to check it out! Isn't the Muddy York Brewery near there, too? Beer and cookies, good combo! :)

    ReplyDelete