22 Apr 2015

Earth Witch

Witch mural by Shalak on the West Toronto Railpath

Location: West Toronto Railpath, on construction hoarding by the Bloor GO Station
Date photo taken: 15 April 2015

This post is in honour of Earth Day. When I saw this mural, my first thought wasn't witch, it was Mother Nature. I'm not sure where my head was that day, but the feeling still sticks. Perhaps it's the flowing green hair. Or that look, as she plots what to send us next.

This stretch of the railpath features work by a number of Toronto street artists. This piece is by Shalak, a female artist who uses a lot of colour and likes to portray animals and strong women in her work. It's always a good day when I come across something by her I haven't seen before. If you want to learn more about the artist, I really enjoyed her interview article on Street Art Bio.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, mother nature as a witch?!! Many Torontonians would agree with you this winter. Thanks for sharing this wonderful mural.

    ReplyDelete