23 Aug 2017

Butter Sculpture - Tyrion Lannister

A bust of the character Tryion Lannister from Game of Thrones, carved in butter

Location: The Farm, Canadian National Exhibition
Date photo taken: 24 August 2015

Each year at this time I like to post an image or two taken during my annual visit to the CNE. Yes, I go every year. I love the Midway at night, the music, and all of the weird stuff that is packed into every day. Like butter sculpting. This is a regular event held each year in the Farm building. Artists are invited to create a master work in butter, based on the year's theme. They do their work in a special chilled enclosure to ensure that the butter doesn't get too soft to work with. As I can't make it this year, I present instead this work in progress from 2015 by Maria Cupani. If you're curious about the final version, check out this Flickr image.

No comments:

Post a Comment