23 Jan 2019

Toronto Light Fest - 2019

Standing inside a structure with a metal frame which joins light-filled triangles

Location: Distillery District
Date photo taken: 21 January 2019

If you check out the website for the Toronto Light Fest, you'll discover that, in their opinion, winter sucks. They aspire to "create a positive, magical urban world that people of all ages and backgrounds will enjoy and look forward to." I certainly do. While I don't think winter sucks, there is no denying it's dark a lot of the time. I love patio lights and holiday lights and now for the next fews months I can enjoy the lights in the Distillery. I took this picture on a Monday night, when the temperature was -13C and felt much colder, but it meant that I got to stand in this structure - I dub it the aurora igloo even though its actual name is Enunciation - all alone, for as long as I wanted. It was cold, sure, but it was also very calming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment