1 Sept 2022

Fun at the Fair

 Large indoor sand sculpture featuring various animals enjoying the pleasures of the CNE including rides, good and prizes from the Midway


Location: The Farm, Canadian National Exhibition
Date photo taken: 1 September 2022

After a pandemic-related hiatus, the CNE is back on and it seems that Toronto has really missed it. I know I have. Going during my usual mid-week evening I was shocked at the number of people in attendance. Even the Farm building, usually an oasis of calm and quiet, seemed busy. That's where this sand sculpture is located. Unlike previous years, there was no butter sculpting (a long tradition at the CNE - just search "butter" in their photo archives if you don't believe me) and no international sand sculpting competition, but Karen Fralich's oversized sculpture of the farm animals kicking back and having fun at the fair provides lots of viewing pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment